Sunday, November 17, 2019

ME: Enough was not the same it was before


I woke up today
from a year-long slumber
and saw your shadow
in the dust,
in the whispered silence,
in the fires - dead and cold,
in the open door,
and the night outside.

My heart was numb
until I felt your absence,
until my skin cracked in pain
missing your touch,
needles from your eyes,
the bruises from your teeth,
the sweat from your breath,
the whisper of your love.

And then I knew -
you were gone forever!
Enough was not the same it was before - 
you tired of the games,
grew old from the rains,
weary from the pain,
exhausted from the searching,
heartless from the findings.

I knew before I lost you - 
you've lost me a million times.
We ran towards each other
in the wrong directions.
Around the globe we went
to find ourselves in one.
Reached different worlds,
only in our pain together.

No comments: